Middle School Math Teacher (School Year 2024 - 2025)
Étoile Academy teachers are responsible for executing on the mission by ensuring that all students improve academically and demonstrate our core values. Teachers are responsible for providing high-quality, data-driven instruction and instructional support to all learners. They are responsible for collaborating with colleagues, including special education teachers, to ensure all students get the accommodations and modifications needed to master the standards.
- Implement state learning standards and Etoile Academy Charter School curricula and assessments to meet ambitious academic expectations;
- Learn, master, and deliver content and grade level curriculum, core content objectives, and texts;
- Submit weekly lesson plans two weeks in advance for feedback;
- Implement formal and informal assessments to track each individual student’s progress and learning needs, adjust lesson plans accordingly and update gradebook weekly;
- Communicate students’ progress with student and family on a weekly basis;
- Effective facilitation and personal use of technology as a communication and educational tool to improve student achievement and manage work related tasks;
- Implement our clear and consistent behavior management system and build a strong sense of community in the classroom;
- Help shape and develop a school wide culture that fosters a productive and enthusiastic learning environment for each student;
- Establish and maintain a cooperative working relationship with students and families based on trust, understanding and respect for the communities in which they identify;
- Host necessary tutoring sessions to meet all students’ needs;
- Participate in weekly manager check-ins, grade-level meetings, before and after-school duties, and school wide meetings and functions;
- Engage in summer and year-long district, school and personal learning and development;
- Minimum of 40+ hours spent at school per week;
- Additional responsibilities may include: after-school tutoring or Saturday school and are based on the needs of our students
We look for team members that embody our REACH values. This includes the characteristics below.
- Believes and is committed to our mission and being an agent of change: that all students are capable of getting to and through college
- Has demonstrated effective outcomes and results, and wants to be held accountable for them
- Has a propensity for action, willing to make mistakes by doing in order to learn and improve quickly
- Works with urgency and purpose to drive student outcomes
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial, high-growth environment; is comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Seeks and responds well to feedback, which is shared often and freely across all levels of the organization
- Works through silos and forges strong relationships in order to achieve outcomes
- We believe in education as a profession and hold ourselves to high level of conduct, professionalism and behaviors as models for our colleagues and students.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year educational institution is required.
- Experience: Experience in a classroom setting preferred
- Licenses or Certifications: State certification preferred but not required
- Bilingual preferred (English/Spanish)
- Dual certification in Special Education or ESL preferred
Étoile Academy does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex or disability, in admission or access to, or treatment of employment in its programs and activities. Any person having inquiries concerning the organization's compliance with the regulations implementing Title VI of Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VI), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (Section 504), or Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), may contact HR at 713.265.8657.